Get A Free Consultation

Family Visa in UAE

Essential requirements for sponsorship of family residence visa

If you are an expatriate in UAE with a residence visa, you can bring your family with you through a visa called UAE family visa. You just have to meet the visa requirements proposed by the UAE authorities to obtain the family visa.

The expatriates can sponsor their family members based on the condition that the person owns a legal residency permit. For male residents, sponsoring close family associates such as spouses and children can be done based on a minimum income precondition. The condition is that the individual should earn a minimum of AED 3000 or AED 4000.

A mother can be the sponsor if the father is not available or eligible to provide sponsorship. It may be difficult for a mother to sponsor if the father is available and lives in the Emirates, satisfying the sponsorship preconditions.

The UAE law permits employees irrespective of their job category to apply for a family visa. The time frame to apply for the residence visa is 60 days. The individual who offers the sponsorship should complete all the formalities within the given timeframe and before dependent enters the UAE.

The visa duration of the sponsor’s family members may differ. While determining the visa duration, several factors like the type of profession, labour contract and sponsor capability come into play. After careful examination of these factors, a residence visa is issued for a period of one year or two years for overseas employees and 3 years is allotted for foreign employers.

The above mentioned are some of the main criteria’s for visa sponsorship. If you are applying for a Dubai family visa, you must meet all those sponsorship requirements.

UAE visa process is managed by the Amer - General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner Affairs (GDRFA). Amer services are provided across the Emirates and many public places in the region provide the necessary information regarding visa issues. People can also visit their online website to know more details about the visa services. They can also apply for a family visa through the local GDRFA office in the Emirates.

Documents for obtaining family residence visa

While visiting the typing centre in UAE, you must ensure that you have all the original documents with you. The authorities will reject your application if any original documents are not available for verification. Below mentioned are the documents required for obtaining the visa.

  • Sponsor’s Original Passport.
  • Colour Passport copies of family members (Wife & Children)
  • Passport size photograph of each family member (White background)
  • Sponsor’s Original Emirates ID Card
  • Original Attested Marriage Certificate; you can get the Original Marriage certificate attested from many processing centres like BLS International and others. It may take anywhere between 30 to 45 days.
  • Original Attested Birth Certificate; you can get the certificate attested from BLS International and others.
  • Original Salary Certificate (Government, Semi Government or Free Zone Employees)
  • Original EJARI Certificate along with last paid electricity bill. If the sponsor is staying in other states than Dubai, he/she needs an attested tenancy contract and paid electricity bill. Tenancy or EJARI should be on the applicant or spouse name.
  • Original MOL Contract with a minimum salary of AED 4,000 or a minimum salary of AED 3,000 AED + accommodation is needed. The original MOL Contract can be printed from any TASHEEL Centre and you will have to pay the print charges. Attestation is not needed; A Passport copy is a must requirement. If you provide the contract number, they will print it for you.
  • Sponsor’s IBAN (International Bank Account Number)
  • For daughters who are aged above 18 years, a confirmation letter in Arabic stating that she is unmarried along with her father’s signature is necessary
  • Last 3 months Bank Account Statement with Original Stamp and Signature

Medical examination for obtaining UAE residence visa.

The individuals who want to obtain a UAE residence visa must go through a medical examination to prove their fitness level. Those who are above the age of 18, irrespective of gender must go through the medical examination. It is conducted also to eliminate the chances of transmission of contagious diseases.

The medical examinations are conducted at health centres that are approved by the UAE government. The centres operate in various regions of Emirates of Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. The eligibility of the applicant for a resident visa is determined by the final results. The authorities will deny the residence visa if the applicant is found medically unfit. This can lead to instant deportation. The medical examination is mandatory for the purpose of renewal also.

Visa sponsoring for women resident expatriates

An expatriate woman who lives in Abu Dhabi with a Residence visa can sponsor her family members (husband and children). The visa sponsoring is based on a minimum salary precondition and the type of profession. The profession of the women sponsor must belong to the categories such as Doctor, Engineer, Nurse, Teacher and other jobs in the medical field.

In Abu Dhabi, the woman sponsor should have a minimum income of AED 10,000/month or AED 8,000/month including housing facility. For the woman sponsor in Dubai, the rules are a bit different. She must have an income greater than AED 10,000/month. The woman sponsor may also have to acquire approval from the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai.

As a prominent business consultant in the UAE, Bizvise provides a variety of visa services for clients. Our experts can help you obtain your UAE family visa with minimum effort.

Expatriates, who hold valid partner, investor , employee visa in UAE, can sponsor the following family members:

Your wife

If you are a Muslim resident, you may also sponsor two wives but you must meet certain terms set out by the GDRFA.

Your sons

You can sponsor your sons only if they are 18 or under. If the sons are over 18, you can still sponsor them but only if they are students, and only up to the age of 21. Additionally, if the sons are over 18, they must enter the UAE at least once every six months if studying abroad otherwise their UAE visa will be canceled.

Your daughters

You can sponsor your daughters only if they are unmarried.

Your parents

You can also sponsor your parents, provided you meet the following conditions:

  • You sponsor both parents
  • You pay a deposit as a guarantee for each parent
  • You get your parents a medical insurance policy
  • You have a monthly salary of AED 20,000 or a AED 19,000 plus a two-bedroom accommodation

Your stepchildren

You may also sponsor your stepchildren if you get a written No Objection Certificate from the biological parent. The visa for stepchildren is valid for one year and renewable.

A woman can also sponsor her family:

  • She has to earn a monthly salary not lower than AED 10,000 or alternatively AED 8,000 plus accommodation
  • She must work as an engineer, teacher, or a profession related to the medical sector (doctor, nurse etc)
  • If she has a husband who can sponsor the children instead, she is not allowed to do it herself. It must be the husband.